Initiating or participating in larger research projects and activities is one of the major objectives of the IFHV's research agenda. The results of the institute's research are published in a wide range of peer-reviewed journals and book series, including the IFHV's own Journal of International Law of Peace and Armed Conflict (JILPAC), the Bochumer Faxe ('Bofaxe'), the IFHV Working Paper Series and the Bochumer Blue Books.
Ongoing Research Projects
Past Research Projects
Previous research projects concentrated inter alia on:
- International Humanitarian Law
- Human Rights Law
- Law of the United Nations and peace-keeping operations
- International and European Refugee Law
- Post-conflict rebuilding of states
- The consequences of combining military interventions and humanitarian aid
- International criminal law
- Gender and armed conflict
- The Responsibility to Protect
- Independence and autonomy
- Climate change and armed conflict.